To that end, every feature added to Quark is simple and small. Hence the name of the mod, Quark, as a Quark is a very small thing. Quark is a Modular mod. Which means that its features are split within various modules. All of the modules can be disabled, and all the features can also be disabled individually if one wants to. Many of the features even have extra configuration options.
The mod features ingame configuration via the Mod Options menu. Most features can be toggled from inside the game, others require a world reload, it depends on the changes they make. Any features that add new explicit content, such as items, blocks or entities, will require a reset.
Check out the various tabs to have a look of what the mod contains. If you're on mobile you can scroll left on the tabs to see more. You can download Quark using the download button in the header. Scroll down a bit for installation instructions and other stuff.
Note that this mod requires AutoRegLib, it must be installed for it to work. (older versions of the mod may not require it)
This mod requires Minecraft Forge. We do not support Bukkit, Spigot, Cauldron, Sponge or any other alternative servers. Though some may be compatible, if you choose to go that way, you're on your own. The mod is provided as-is, with no warranty. We are not responsible if it breaks or destroys your save. Always make backups.
This is just a standard forge mod installation. If you've done it before you can skip this.
- Make sure you have Minecraft installed.
- Locate the version of Minecraft Forge for your target Minecraft version here.
- Download installer-win (or installer if you're not on Windows) and run it. A new forge profile will be added to your minecraft launcher.
- Download AutoRegLib using the link above the image. Put the downloaded .jar into your "mods" folder.
- Download Quark using the download button above. Put the downloaded .jar file into your "mods" folder.
- The "mods" folder is next to your "resourcepacks" folder. To locate it, run the new forge instance, open the Resource Packs menu, open the folder, and go one level up to where all your minecraft files are. The "mods" folder should be there alongside others like "screenshots" or "saves".
- Run your new forge profile with Quark installed.
- Follow the above steps, up to step 3. For step 3 pick Server rather than Client, and change the location to an empty folder somewhere.
- Create a "mods" folder inside the empty folder you picked, that now contains your server files.
- Download AutoRegLib using the link above the image. Put the downloaded .jar into that "mods" folder.
- Download Quark using the download button above. Put the downloaded .jar file into that "mods" folder.
- Run the server using the forge jar. Not the minecraft_server jar
Yes, you can use the mod in modpacks.
- WireSegal for heavy bugfixes and code maintenance.
- cheeserolls for the biome detection code from Biomes'o'Plenty used for Pathfinder Maps.
- DylanKaiser for the inventory chest icon.
- Jragon014 for a bunch of inspiration from The Tempest Box.
- mezz for the wrench icon from JEI.
- Noodlor for the variety dungeon structures.
- Rorax for the old emote icons.
- SanAndreasP for the chest textures and most of their code.
- wiiv for most of the textures.
- Xisumavoid for the sticky piston side texture.
- ZeroLevels for the old Iron Plate texture.
- MCVinnyq for a lot of textures.
- Daniel Astral for several upgraded and redone textures.
- /u/CopherSans for the improved bow animation.
- /u/darwinpatrick for the Soul Sandstone textures.
- /u/Evtema3 for the Elder Prismarine and Elder Sea Lantern textures.
- /u/FelitonC and /u/origamidragon412 for the banner textures.
- /u/kopasz7 for the Midori block textures.
- /u/Martwaza for the trapdoor textures.
- /u/MushirMickeyJoe for recreation of the pocket edition piston model.
- /u/Nyodex for the original Duskbound Block idea and textures.
- /u/robotthunder500 for the Bookshelf textures.
- /u/Soniop for the realistic world preset.
- The creators of all the awesome suggestions I found in /r/MinecraftSuggestions and /r/QuarkMod that I implemented here.
- And all the awesome people who pull requested features into the mod, credited in their individual cards.
Contact and Donations
- Quark Subreddit (suggestions should go here, make sure to read the sticky!)
- Issues (report your bugs here)
- Source Code
- APIs for Modders
- Vazkii's Twitter
- Vazkii's Patreon
- wiiv's Twitter
- wiiv's Patreon
- Email and other Contacts